The IT industry in Ukraine is one of the most rapidly growing sectors of the economy. A strong R&D heritage, a large available pool of cost-effective IT resources and innovation, and a European approach to business make Ukraine a major location for IT outsourcing.
With the highest ITO market value in the CEE region, more than 30,000 IT graduates each year, Western orientation, WTO membership (since 2008), numerous high-tech parks and the highest democratic level among the non-EU CEE countries, Ukraine is emerging as a Silicon Valley of the CEE region.
- #1 CEE outsourcing location in European IT Outsourcing Intelligence Report 2010-2011
- #4 by the number of certified IT professionals — Brainbench Global IT IQ report (2002)
- Top 11 in 100 Leading Countries in the area of outsourcing and High-Tech services ( Global Services 100 List. 2010)
- Top 30 Gartner’s world locations for Offshore Services (2008–2010)
- Top 50 Emerging Outsourcing Cities Tholons’ List of Global Services, 2009)
- Safest non-EU outsourcing destination in Europe according to Datamonitor’s 2011 report
Ukrainian IT Industry in Numbers
- ITO market value — EUR 389.6 million
- Companies outsourcing to Ukraine save 40 to 60% of their total in-house IT spending.
- An estimated 70% of Ukrainian IT specialists work for European and Ukrainian clients
- Outsourcing accounts for more than 70% of software development activity in Ukraine
- Over 4 000 IT companies
- 40 000 IT specialists
- About 300 ISPs in Ukraine, employing over 100,000 hardware, software and IT consulting professionals
- 20 major IT educational centers producing about 30,000 IT-graduates annually