Security Awareness Program as a Cost-Efficient and Proactive Security Measure
An effective Security Awareness Program as described in a number of international standards and best practices on security includes a wide range of activities.
Security Awareness is interconnected with event and incident management and many other security-related processes (configuration management, secure coding, and so on).
Since many security incidents have internal causes, Security Awareness Program is one of the most cost-efficient proactive security measures. The proper level of education, awareness, and motivation is the key factor for decreasing security incidents and increasing trust and loyalty.
Infopulse ensures the development of a robust Security Awareness Program that includes:
- Security warnings at the hiring interview
- Signing the commitments (security policy, non-disclosure agreements, personal data protection, copyright disclaimers, and others)
- Addressing security in job responsibilities
- Security training and testing at the adaptation stage
- Regular security training and testing based on security policy
- Customized security training and testing for different user profiles (software developers, system administrators, marketing and sales, accountants, and more)
- On-demand security training and testing (e.g., incident follow-ups)
- Online security training and testing
- Project-specific security training and testing
- Security training and testing management system with automatic reminders and notifications
- Security blogs and forums
- Security mailings (announcements, vulnerability warnings, to name a few)
- Handouts (booklets, brochures, and more)
- Printed posters
- Electronic posters and banners (e.g., substitution of web banners)
- Security research communities and mailings
- Other activities (polling, games, competitions, and others)