Your message is highly valuable for us. One of our experts will follow up with you within 1-2 business days to discuss your request or to inquire for additional information if needed.
Infopulse is inviting talented professionals to join our team as a Managing Director in Germany.
The Country Manager has overall responsibility for the German office from the start, including management and development of processes for sales, marketing, communication, purchasing, budgeting and staff. Together with Infopulse HQ, you are responsible for sales, implementation of the brand strategy and long-term business planning. Another important part is to ensure that the efforts required for the establishment in Germany follow national rules, legislation, and cultural guidelines.
For over 30 years, Infopulse has developed solutions with the goal of improving the quality of customers’ business, facilitating everyday work processes, and making it more comfortable for everyone. As an employer, Infopulse is constantly in the IAOP global top ratings.
Being a part of the TietoEVRY group, our mission is to become the recognized leader for software services and solutions for Enterprise & Infrastructure segments. We will achieve this through the delivery of best-in-class services/ solutions.
The Infopulse brand and services are already present in Germany and will be growing further with your help. You will lead a team of 3-5 technical highly experienced specialists, which will be growing with the business success of the local office catering primarily to the D-CH region but not only. This is a senior role and expected to grow with the business growth in D-CH/EMEA region. Reporting to the VP of Operations/VP of Sales, the person fulfilling this role is expected to be a key member of the management team.
The success of Infopulse in Germany will be based on your extensive knowledge of the market and business development and on your commitment to identifying business opportunities locally, for Infopulse HQ and other subsidiaries in the world.
To apply for this role, you must live in Germany and be well acquainted with German business culture. The location for the new Infopulse office will be in the Frankfurt am Main area.
Although based at a regional and/or home office, domestic and sometimes international travel will be a core part of the role, including travel outside of the normal working hours and being away from home for periods of time.
Areas of Responsibility
Representing the company on formal and legal matters:
- Providing input to the management on key matters related to the country of residence such as legislation changes, industry trends, events, standards:
- Ensuring local legislation compliance with support of external counsel, e.g. legal and tax advisory
- Ensuring product and service delivery comply with regulatory and quality standards
- Dealing with escalations, incident reports, and legal tasks
Contributing to business development activities in the specified Country/Region in cooperation with Central Sales Department and achieving business goals and revenue targets. The level of involvement in business development activities, their volume and complexity depend greatly on the corporate strategy of expansion in the given country or region as well as on the approved go-to-market plan, based on which Country Manager participates in some or all of the activities mentioned below:
- Building a pipeline of sales opportunities through a variety of direct and indirect prospecting methods.
- Approaching new clients and negotiating deals
- Taking the role of sales manager for new sales and account manager for up sales in existing accounts where applicable
Acting as company brand representative for all local employees, businesses, and organizations:
- Brand PR activities, together with Corporate Marketing and PR Division for the labor market
- Organization of company’s local events (meet-ups etc)
- Representation of the company as a member/contributor in local professional associations, charities, unities, professional conferences, etc
Overseeing Country Office daily operations, managing budgets, and setting performance objectives. Depending on the Branch headcount and office setup some of the functions below can be delegated to the locally available representatives of appropriate administrative units or outsourced to local providers:
- Planning, evaluating, and optimizing Country office operations to be efficient and cost-effective
- Managing internal and external stakeholder (e.g. suppliers, customer representatives, partners, employees) relations and negotiating contracts
- Preparing and presenting monthly, quarterly, and annual statements, analyses, and reports of operations and finances
- Recruiting, training, and supporting the team as well as conducting regular performance appraisals
- Ensuring company standards and procedures are followed
We expect that you previously have had or currently have a regional/business area responsibility within a similar business/group. In these roles, you have been responsible for both strategic and operational decisions and have had P&L responsibility. To succeed in this role, you should have experience in international business, quality evaluations, agreements and negotiations. Relevant seasonal business experience from areas such as enterprise, software implementation, cloud infra is considered an important merit.
- 5-7 years of management and leadership experience
- Ability to work efficiently in volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous conditions
- Cross-functional collaboration experience – able to work with different functions effectively and for overall benefit to the business
- Good financial understanding and ability to read and analyze income statements and balance sheets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- The candidate must be fluent in both German and English, other languages would be beneficial