Your message is highly valuable for us. One of our experts will follow up with you within 1-2 business days to discuss your request or to inquire for additional information if needed.
Client: Due to the strict NDA requirements, the name of the customer cannot be disclosed.
Industry: Professional Services
Location: North America
A long-term Infopulse client, a worldwide industry-leading professional services firm, provides services related to audit preparation, consulting, tax codes, and financial advising. This international company, headquartered in North America, employs thousands of people in tens of countries worldwide.
As a globally distributed organization, the company needed to ensure seamless data management across all of their offices. Instead, the client was sinking resources into managing complex data flows from multiple source systems and not seeing returns in terms of efficiency of data utilization.
The customer approached Infopulse with the need to find a proper solution that would meet their business challenges on a global scale. At the same time, the firm had highly specific quality needs and strict requirements on quality assurance standards which also needed to be addressed.
Infopulse carefully analyzed the needs of the client and came up with a detailed plan of how to efficiently redesign the company’s data warehouse system along with implementing rigorous QC checks in close collaboration with the customer’s management.
Infopulse assisted the client in three main areas:
Data warehousing: The data warehouse system was thoroughly rebuilt.
- Complex models were split into related simple models for end user ease and flexibility;
- Non-used models were excluded entirely during system redesign.
Template redesign: Complex input templates were re-envisioned.
- The end-user GUI was restructured to be highly intuitive and easy to operate;
- Template performance was increased through optimizing both visual functionality and underlying code.
QA/QC checks: Quality assurance and control were standardized and improved.
- Multiple automated and workflow checks were implemented to minimize error without negatively impacting speed or performance.
VBA, MS SQL, and MS Excel functions were integrated to provide a firm layer of protection between data and end users to:
- Minimize the possibility of data corruption;
- Further protect in cases of corruption through strict versioning policy;
- Guide end users through data entrance quickly and easily using standardized processes.
Using SAP MS, BusinessObjects, and BPC (Business Planning and Consolidation), Infopulse was able to exceed the scope of work and provide the client with lasting data management solutions.
Types of services:
- Business analysis and business intelligence
- Solution architecture and design
- Quality assurance
- Project management
- Software engineering and implementation
- SAP MS, BusinessObjects, Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC)
- MS SQL, MS Excel, and VBA
- 18 months
The client received a significantly optimized data warehouse system with simplified functionality that standardizes and, at the same time, streamlines the data management process for the entire enterprise with its globally dispersed locations. The resulting solution is flexible enough to scale as the company grows and powerful enough to manage worldwide data input.
The solution was carefully documented using consistent techniques in both technical and functional descriptions targeted to the system’s users. The client was pleased with the system improvements and continues to use the infrastructure that Infopulse worked to improve.