Your message is highly valuable for us. One of our experts will follow up with you within 1-2 business days to discuss your request or to inquire for additional information if needed.
A Nordic multinational telecommunications company and mobile network operator with a wide presence across Northern Europe. The company runs an international IP backbone network, highly ranked in the world.
A subsidiary of the large Nordic telecom group, one of the largest local mobile network operators, decided to replace its legacy OSS system with a new Service Order Management (SOM) solution by Ericsson. The client needed to reduce the time required for services activation, modification, and termination and improve services/resources catalog provisioning.
Customization of Ericsson solution was necessary to align it with our client’s mobile network services and the way they provisioned. The company approached Infopulse to perform the testing of the customized system to make sure it meets their business requirements, customers’ expectations, and internal users’ needs.
Infopulse conducted all the main phases of the functional testing for our client, including Specifications Analysis, Test Design, Test Execution, and Test Reporting:
- Deep knowledge of the Telecom domain allowed our QA specialists to perform design analysis with a full understanding of the requirements for a modern OSS system that would be used by a large mobile service provider. This helped us to identify domain-specific gaps and eliminate them before the development stage.
- Applying test design techniques, such as pairwise testing, boundary values analyses, state transition diagrams, decision tables, and equivalence partitioning, ensured extensive test coverage.
- The time needed for test case execution was reduced.
- Precise estimation of testing requirements and relevant activities was instrumental in meeting deadlines and delivering the working product right on time.
Technologies & Tools
- SOAP UI, Postman for API testing
- Jira and X-Ray plugin for Jira for bug/change/test cases management
- Confluence for collaboration and knowledge sharing
Extensive testing of the Service Order Management system, conducted by Infopulse QA specialists, helped our client to achieve the following:
- Better quality and reliability of the new Service Order Management system
- Cost savings achieved by discovering defects and fixing them before go-live
- Improvements introduced as a result of requirements analysis based on telecom domain knowledge
- Positive customer experience as the system runs without a hitch
- The new system was launched within the expected release dates
By conducting extensive QA & QC of the SOM system customized by Ericsson, Infopulse assured that the new system would meet the predefined requirements, customers’ expectations, and needs of the company’s telecom specialists.