Your message is highly valuable for us. One of our experts will follow up with you within 1-2 business days to discuss your request or to inquire for additional information if needed.
Leading Smart Cards Producer Enables Millions of Daily App Installations with SMPP SIM Card Software
Client: Due to the strict NDA requirements, the name of the customer cannot be disclosed.
Industry: IT Services
The client of Infopulse is one of the world’s leading Secure Technology and Smart Card production enterprises. The company provides solutions to a vast portfolio of international clients, including banks and financial institutions, manufacturers, mobile operators, governmental organizations, and much more.
- Modern mobile and financial services require smart (SIM) card-side software installation.
- In case of GSM networks, the delivery of SIM card applications is performed over the SMS traffic, standardized in the scope of the SMPP (Short Message Peer-to-Peer) protocol.
- Any massive deployment campaign across all of the cards of a mobile network operator requires a scalable and stable software solution based on the SMPP protocol.
- A secure, cryptographic channel is required according to the industry standards.
- The client of Infopulse needed a solution meeting all of the above requirements to be developed.
- The existing client proprietary SMPP (SMPP33, SMPP34) server was rewritten, enhancing its load-balancing and failover capabilities.
- Open-source implementations of the SMPP protocol were audited in order to use the corresponding experience as lessons learned.
Technologies: C/C++, Docker, Boost, POSIX, Linux/Unix
Duration: 24 months
- The client received a significantly optimized, scalable and reliable SMPP-based system for seamless smart card application deployment.
- The cooperation enabled a new nation-wide scale of smart card apps deployment, which was successfully launched in a number of European and LATAM countries: up to 1 Million app installations per day for each country.