Infopulse welcomes a talented IP Network Engineer, a professional who will join a new project within a Telecom Team for our respectful client BICS remotely.
Join the team of our customer BICS – a global telecommunication enabler with a physical network stretching through the globe!
- Grow your expertise through interacting with A-level mobile carriers from all over the world;
- Get your hands on the vast network with on land, underwater, and space points of presence;
- Join our decade-long partnership with BICS to ensure confidence in your future and long-term growth.
Infopulse-BICS team has been growing since 2010… and we are looking forward to grow with you!
We are looking for a network engineer who wants to support our ongoing transition from a legacy way of working to managing the network with scripting, automation and the NetOps/GitOps model way of working.
Ideally, you have experience with multiple platforms and tools for network automation. You have a strong and proven experience in networking and security design, delivery and operations. You are able to leverage those foundational skills in an environment where combining multiple skills to deliver projects end-to-end within the team is required. You will be joining an international team of engineers supporting the entire datacenter stack from switching all the way to OS layer and cloud deployments.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assuring network availability/quality and perform repair actions together with other internal teams
- End-to-end ownership over projects from the platform and product backlogs, covering design, implementation and operations
- Take part in a guard duty service to support our 24/7 organization
- Ensures that network & associated systems are rightfully dimensioned
- Manages the system’s software & hardware lifecycle
- Strong scripting skills (preferably Python) used in the context of network automation
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-a-code principles, being able to use Ansible and/or Terraform, write python scripts for network actions
- Knowledge/Experience with CI/CD (automated testing, version control)
- Knowledge/Experience programmable interfaces on Network equipment e.g. RESTful API’s, netconf/yang, etc.
- Relevant work experience in a large Telecom/Internet service provider environment is a highly preferred
- Strong skills on at least two of the following platforms: Cisco ACI, Cisco Nexus, F5, Checkpoint, Gigamon
- Master’s degree in electronics, informatics or telecommunication
Will be an advantage
- Experience with modern monitoring solutions: nagios, zabbix, Prometheus, Splunk, etc.
- Knowledge of Terraform
- Familiarity with GitOps and Infrastructure as Code concepts and experience implementing it in product
- Experience with F5, VMWare, Checkpoint