Trainee Network Engineer
Less than a year
BICS is looking for a Trainee Network Engineer that wants to participate in our ongoing transition from a legacy way of working to managing the network with scripting, automation and the NetOps/GitOps model way of working.
Ideally you have a first experience with multiple networking platforms and have strong interest into network automation, networking and security design and operations.
You will be joining an international team of engineers supporting the entire data center stack from switching all the way up to OS layer and cloud deployments.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage project tasks, work regularly with colleagues, analyze systems, and assure high levels of stability, reliability, and availability of the production network environment
- Take part in projects from the platform and product backlogs, covering design, implementation, and operations
- Take part in a guard duty service to support our 24/7 organization once ready
- Cisco CCNA certification level or equal experience
- Classroom and/or lab experience with Cisco network hardware including routers and switches
- Knowledge (experience is a plus) with networking protocols including OSPF, BGP, VRRP, QoS, VLANs, VxLAN and MPLS
- Familiarity with operating systems (Cisco IOS, Cisco NXOS, Cisco ACI ,LINUX, Windows) and scripting languages ( Python preferred )
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with creating and updating technical documentation
- Ability to maintain focus on multiple projects concurrently
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong team player
- English level Intermediate
Will be an advantage
- Experience with modern monitoring solutions: Splunk , Prometheus, Nagios, etc.
- Knowledge of Terraform and / or Ansible
- Familiarity with GitOps and Infrastructure as Code concepts and experience implementing it in product
- Skills on some of the following platform is a plus : Cisco ACI, Cisco Nexus, F5, Checkpoint, Gigamon, VMWare Knowledge/Experience with CI/CD (automated testing, version control)
- Knowledge of the design of physical networks including fiber and copper cabling