Voice and Cloud Communication Engineer
Infopulse is looking for the Voice and Cloud Communication Engineer to support Voice and Cloud Communication Value Streams for our respectful client BICS, that is one of the world leaders in providing international communication connectivity and services (Voice, SMS, and Capacity)
Based on business, technical, operational, and regulatory requirements, the Value Streams are designing and implementing network solutions and OSS systems within the Voice and Cloud Communication domains.
The perfect candidate must have a great understanding of general Voice technologies and have working knowledge in SIP trunking implementations.
Areas of Responsibility
- Lead and contribute to the analysis, design, development and implementation of network solutions and OSS systems (Operational Support Systems) based on business, technical, operational (provisioning, service assurance) and regulatory requirements.
- Implement solutions following defined objectives, budget, effort, and timing while ensuring an optimal balance between third party vendor solutions and internal development and integration work.
- Acting as a Network and Systems Engineer you evaluate systems performance level and propose enhancements to improve performance and capabilities when appropriate.
- Analyse and assess technical solutions and evolution to fulfil business, regulatory and operational (functional and capacity) requirements considering cost, time to market and quality. Evaluate and recommend evolution steps based on current and future technology capabilities.
- Participate in small to medium size implementation projects (from an end-to-end perspective), collaborate with different stakeholders (product management, operational teams, external suppliers, and IT & network colleagues).
- Involved in and coordinating activities related to design, implementation, testing and rollout of technical platforms and Operational Support Systems.
- Generate methods and procedures and technical documents regarding technical solution and evolution (architecture, impact analysis) to be used by different operational teams.
- Participate in the implementation of technical solutions in collaboration with operational teams.
- Working knowledge of SIP-trunking implementations
- Strong technical knowledge of the following protocols: SIP, RTP and HTTP
- Knowledge of Unified Communications and Voice over IP in secure computing environments (designing secure APIs, SSL/TLS, etc)
- Unix / Linux knowledge
- Good analytical skills, and ability to use tools like Wireshark, Splunk, and other means for analytic root cause analysis
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Presentation skills
- Good planning & organization skills
- Customer oriented
- Familiar with agile development processes and/or tools
Will be an advantage
- Basic Cloud experience (Amazon/Azure)
- Cloud Communication and Numbering Business knowledge
- Coordinating the necessary integrations with different teams and stakeholders
- Working knowledge on Metaswitch Perimeta SBC, Ribbon SBC (SBC5K and SWe) and Softswitch, NetNumber TITAN
- Experience with multiplatform unified communications, collaboration, cloud telephony service
- Knowledge of API technologies
- Knowledge of BYOC (Bring Your Own Carrier), PSTN and call centre concepts
- Expertise with unified communication and collaboration platforms (e.g. MS Teams)
Good understanding of telephony concepts (e.g. PBX, circuits, dial plans, routing)