IT Support Engineer
Infopulse welcomes talented professionals to join our project as a Technical Support Engineer for our respectful client BICS.
Join the team of our customer BICS – a global telecommunication enabler with a physical network stretching across the globe!
- Grow your expertise through interacting with A-level mobile carriers from all over the world;
- Get your hands on the vast network with on-land, transatlantic, and space points of presence;
- Join our decade-long partnership with BICS to ensure confidence in your future and long-term growth.
Infopulse-BICS team has been growing since 2010… and we are looking forward to growing with you!
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide first line support service for BICS web portal, its users and development teams
- Communicate with portal users, development teams about incidents, issues, change requests, etc
- Moderate communication during application releases, maintenances, outages or portal instability
- Provide suppressing of escalation
- Aggregate knowledge of applications and related problems in documentation
- 1+ years’ experience in relevant operation obtaining support role
- Good communicator with excellent written and spoken English, business writing skills
- Good SQL knowledge will be a plus
- Basic Linux (bash) experience
- Basic SVN, Git knowledge
- Experience working with ticketing systems (preferably JIRA)
- Windows Server administration will be a plus
- Strong technical interest and understanding of IT
- Focus on effective communication, stress resistance, team player and able to work independently
- Convert business issues (user cannot perform function) to technical with further resolution or dispatching
- Researching, analysing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve customer issues
- Prioritising and managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Acting as a liaison between the IT department and business (vendors, internal users, external customers)
- Execute documented solutions for business problems of users
- Provide qualified explanations and make connections with portal users
- Create referable documentation on applications and issues