Telco Engineer (PSQ team)
Infopulse Bulgaria is looking for a talented professional as a Junior Telco Engineer, to become a member of Quality-of-Service Team for our respectful client BICS, that is one of the world leaders in providing international communication connectivity and services (Voice, SMS, and Capacity).
Join the team of our customer BICS – a global telecommunication enabler with a physical network stretching across the globe!
- Develop your telecom expertise in diverse portfolio of BICS products, including Voice, Cloud, Signaling, LTE, IoT, etc.
- Enjoy unmatched growth opportunities with BICS vast network and customers around the world.
- Become a part of the international 24/7, follow-the-sun telecom team with presence from Brazil to Singapore.
Infopulse-BICS team has been growing since 2010… and we are looking forward to growing with you!
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide Level-1 network support activities for voice and mobile services
- Monitor supplier, destination and key-customer performance within pre-set limits
- Follow up on quality issues (including specific occurrences and dedicated customers) reported by different BICS departments to suppliers, and verify the quality of provided solutions
- Analyze quality reductions and take appropriate actions, such as initiating pro-active rerouting, launching and managing supplier’s trouble-tickets
- Perform pro-active rerouting in close collaboration with commercial representatives to maintain an optimized level of cost and selling price
- Test new routes in cooperation with traders to improve the quality-of-service levels and possibly optimize the supplier structure
- Monitor service performance, measure the quality of our services and take corrective actions proactively
- Offer and implement network and traffic solutions
- Ensure effective communication on technical queries between BICS internal teams and BICS customers
- Identify possible areas of network and process improvements, and suggest improvement solutions
- Develop performance measurements
- Report to the team leader of Quality-of-Service Team
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Telecom or related technical field and interest in business
- Understanding of voice domain: calls routing and switching (ISUP/SIP), detailed analysis of codecs and response codes
- Knowledge of call flows on the international network (roaming cases, MNP, OBR/OBP is a MUST)
- Skills of troubleshooting voice issues and working with switch management interfaces, tracing tools.
- Knowledge of SS7 stack
- Very good command of spoken English (Intermediate or above)
- Well-developed communication skills and flexibility to interact with suppliers around the globe
- Being a team player and willing to share knowledge
- Maximal customer orientation
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks