About the Customer:
Infopulse and TietoEVRY designed an integrated platform for standardized management and control of travel access during and after COVID-19 quarantine with the help of digital certificates, a global eID solution that would help to establish a standardized digital process for credentials and person status verification.
In April 2020, Infopulse and TietoEVRY joined forces to take part in the all-Ukrainian #HackCorona hackathon, a national challenge organized by the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine. The hackathon aimed to collect ideas and projects, which would improve the lives of businesses and citizens during COVID-19. In just a week, more than 899 different ideas for services and tools designed to help fight the coronavirus more efficiently were presented.
Infopulse and TietoEVRY decided to focus on making an electronic services solution for citizens and businesses that would allow getting social, administrative, and other public services that are especially relevant during the quarantine. Our eID solution made it to the finals, being selected among the 22 best solutions by a jury of 11 independent experts.
The global pandemic and quarantine have stopped the majority of business and leisure activities. Restrictions apply to the whole population with little to none exceptions (e.g. ability to use public transport only by critical infrastructure workers).
After half a year, there’s still no easy way to control global immunity and stop the virus. People who recovered from SARS-CoV-2 (or that will be vaccinated when a vaccine is available), could be excluded from the restrictions, return to work and their usual life, including traveling.
Traditional paper certificates are neither secure nor durable enough for day-to-day usage. Plastic ones are too expensive on such a scale and do not prevent sale/transfer to unauthorized persons. Besides, their distribution is particularly challenging.
Infopulse and TietoEVRY designed a global eID solution that would help to establish a standardized digital process for credentials and person status verification.
An integrated platform for standardized management and control of travel access during and after COVID-19 quarantine with the help of digital certificates:
- All identities in one place
- No more passwords
- Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) with fingerprint or PIN
- High focus on user-experience
- Single sign-on and login for online services
- Attribute sharing
- Identity verification
- Third-party certifications (verified credentials)
- Multi-factor authentication with push-notifications
Tech behind the eID MVP
The solution is based on a proprietary eID solution developed by Infopulse and TietoEVRY. Our solution is integrated with EBSI, the EU decentralized blockchain-based identity infrastructure, and enhances the digital status processing with verifiable credential standard:
- Integration with EBSI blockchain allows for digital identities creation, verification, and management via the EBS Infrastructure
- Verifiable credentials are added as a layer on top, managing the identity certificates together with the claims
- Authorization flow is based on OpenID Connect
- Sharing data with QR codes / NFC
- Companies can create and issue certifications
- Certifications cannot be altered and can be shared across the ecosystem
The solution digitizes the results of rapid diagnostic testing that can be further used to guarantee frictionless airport processing and entry into the country of destination, without users losing control over their personal information.
The workflow is very simple: a user creates an eID, connects with our app, makes a test, and receives a digital claim (verifiable credentials):
- No more forms to fill out – with a click on share, users can easily select existing and verified information and push it to the form. Certificates can contain passport information, phone, email, address, etc.
- A person, who has recovered from SARS-CoV-2 or was vaccinated against it, can get a digital certificate, store it on a smartphone app, and present when needed.
- Trusted third parties can issue certifications to the users.
- Certifications can be shared and verified online & offline.
- User can present their certificate for verification to get access to websites or control gates that require physical access.
- 100% GDPR compliant and consent-based
Use Cases Examples
- “Surgeon working at Oleksandrivska hospital, Kyiv”- healthcare worker certificate.
- Certificate of recovery from COVID-19
- Certificate of being vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2
- Passport, driver’s license, diplomas, pensioner certificate, press pass, company employee badge, membership
- Verified name, age, address, phone, email, etc.
- All main functionality is implemented and ready for security review and launching production
- Internationalization and more integrations to be done next
- Closer integration with EBSI
- Web-library for web integration
- SDK for mobile integration
- User can add and import data
- Connect with authorities/regulators to develop and implement international policies and standards
- Analyze of market fit and development of go-to-market strategy
- Extend solution with other types of digital credentials, e.g., Education, Financial, Retail and Legal
- Ensure sustainable funding through commercial financing and international grants
We have a solution to your needs. Just send us a message, and our experts will follow up with you asap.
We have received your request and will contact you back soon.