About the Customer:
No Waste Ukraine, a social non-profit environmental organization, was in need of an automated assistant that would help people who were only beginning to sort rubbish.
No Waste Ukraine, a social non-profit environmental organization, was in need of an automated assistant that would help people who were only beginning to sort rubbish. Due to the immature municipal recycling infrastructure, lack of recycling bins and stations in the city, as well as lack of effective sustainability programs and flawed state regulations, the ultimate task of fostering recycling culture in Kyiv city was already rather complicated. The digital assistant would reduce the amount of time and manual work spent by volunteers to answer questions via Telegram, and provide information on how to sort waste with decreased response time, improved agility and maintenance flexibility.
In March 2019, No Waste Ukraine and Infopulse announced the launch of the Waste Management Chatbot, immediately available on Telegram. Aimed at providing counseling on garbage sorting, the AI-based chatbot project was developed by the students of NTUU KPI under the guidance of Infopulse experts:
- Built Q&A educational chatbot based on the Dialogflow development platform;
- A continuously growing database of classified waste categories, map of recycling stations and bins available near the user;
- Integrated prompts, recommendations, and a list of useful links on how to recycle waste and how to get to the nearest recycling station;
- Convenient topics search;
- Support for two languages (Ukrainian and Russian).
User-friendly and easy-to-use, the chatbot helps its users learn the basics of waste management, get quick waste sorting advice, find the nearest waste disposal station and learn its working hours, etc.
- Created a single entry-point for all the questions and inquiries with helpful information on waste recycling;
- Decreased response time and automated routine service support;
- Allowed to allocate volunteers to other important recycling program initiatives;
- Nurturing a more sustainable community.
The waste sorting chatbot is available via Telegram.
We have a solution to your needs. Just send us a message, and our experts will follow up with you asap.
We have received your request and will contact you back soon.