Infopulse and REMME Win First Place at Microsoft Blockchain Intensive
Microsoft Blockchain Intensive is a large 3-day event, held by Microsoft Ukraine and focused on solving real-life challenges with Blockchain technology. Conducted on June 9-11, 2017, the event gathered 500+ visitors and received support from PwC, Deloitte, EY, Infopulse, Distributed Lab, IDF Reforms Lab, and other local and international companies.
Jan Keil, Infopulse VP of Marketing, participated in the event as a speaker. Our expert spoke about Blockchain being a honey pie for investments and about its potential for the automotive industry.
On the second and third day of the Intensive, 18 teams competed in a Blockchain-themed hackathon. The primary task was to create a solution, which would be fully compliant with the core ideas of Blockchain: transparency, decentralization, and security. The participants were free to either select an open topic or embrace a challenge suggested by the real clients:
- KT-Energy needed to create a Blockchain platform for electricity accounting and trading on the p2p basis.
- Raiffeisen Bank Aval offered participants to implement smart contracts with Blockchain for the trilateral agreements with international financial institutions.
- The Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority was looking for a solution to streamline the procurement processes.
The Infopulse-REMME joint team presented their own solution for the automotive industry. The solution utilizes car sensors, telemetry, and distributed technologies to record traffic incidents and settle them before trial. The system also implements Blockchain-secured car authentication, car protection from cyber-attacks, and allows gathering car data for further infrastructure and car safety improvements. The team presented an interactive visualization based on a sample from a sensor and confirmed data plausibility via Blockchain in Azure Cloud.
- The system is based on Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Wi-Fi WPA Enterprise authentication of external devices via EAP-TLS.
- Creation of the car profile by recording the current state of the car in Ethereum Blockchain via smart contracts.
- EmerCoin Blockchain is used to create certificates.
- IPFS as a decentralized database, etc.
The Infopulse-REMME team received high appraisal from the jury and won the first place. The work on the project continues, as this solution may be of use for automotive and insurance companies and can be integrated with any automotive IoT device.
Other exciting solutions were as follows:
- AlfaBank Team developed a smart contract system for online shopping that ensures payments.
- StealthMail developed an intermediary to encrypt the correspondence and certify that the recipient has received or read mail.
- The Team from Lviv presented a platform for partnership programs between the local small businesses.
Infopulse is delighted to express our warmest congratulations to the Infopulse-REMME joint team and to all of the event participants!
REMME technology eliminates passwords and human error to provide a high-end security system that is easy to use without compromising security. Powered by Blockchain, REMME solves the problem of central servers that can be hacked, as well as preventing attacks, such as phishing, server and password breach, and password reuse attacks.
Since 2015, REMME’s team works on a mission to bring the security solution that will keep companies safe and sound in the new digitized world.