About the Customer:
Founded in 1994, Kernel Holding is now a major Ukrainian producer of sunflower oil, grains, and seeds, taking a leading role in exporting agricultural products to over 80 countries around the world. The company has become the second Ukrainian company to trade its shares on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
Kernel needed to modernize the workspace booking process that would provide their employees with a simpler and faster way to reserve shared meeting rooms in Kernel head office. Our client was looking for a solution that would not require much time to develop or excessive costs for purchasing additional licenses and would simply fit into Kernel’s Microsoft 365 ecosystem. Kernel addressed Infopulse, as a long-standing partner of Microsoft and an experienced low-code/no-code application development vendor, to help them accomplish such goals:
- Create a tablet-oriented mobile application (iPad) with a familiar corporate design that would respond to the needs of business users
- Provide current room status on a meeting room display
- Allow checking the current status of a room from tablets
- Enable integration with Microsoft Exchange to book a free slot through Microsoft Outlook
- Automate the administrator’s tasks of supervising the booking process
Having extensive expertise in low-code development and end-to-end Microsoft Power Platform services, Infopulse offered the client to build a canvas app based on Microsoft Power Apps, with the latter already being available via Kernel’s Microsoft 365 subscription.
In just three days, Infopulse delivered a corporate mobile application for booking meeting rooms in the Kernel’s main office fully corresponding to the client's goals. The app allows for:
- A quicker and more transparent method to reserve the office workspace
- Showing current room status and schedule on a meeting room display – booked, occupied, or available for reservation
- Always up-to-date booking information on a specific room with data stored in SharePoint Online
- Integration with Microsoft Exchange for booking a meeting room using Microsoft Outlook
The scope of services Infopulse delivered comprised:
- The analysis of the existing IT environment and business analysis
- The application design and development (including room booking forms)
- Enabling connection with the external data sources
- The two-way Power Apps integration with Microsoft Exchange
- Aligning the UX/UI design of an app with the corporate design
- Connecting to Microsoft Outlook to receive notifications
The algorithm behind the room booking process
The low-code application built by Infopulse with Microsoft Power Apps in such a short time received positive feedback from Kernel’s top management and business users who could gain from:
- Automated administrator’s tasks focused on the manual overseeing of booking information
- Reduced time needed for the approval of a meeting room reservation by the Kernel’s administrator
- Improved business users' experience thanks to a simple and easy-to-interact user interface
- Familiar Outlook Calendar functionality decreased the learning curve and helped business users get started with the new application almost immediately
Simplify your workspace booking process with low-code apps based on Microsoft Power Platform.
We have received your request and will contact you back soon.