Best Solutions from the First Ukrainian Automotive Hackathon
CoreTeka Automotive Hackathon is the nationwide 48-hour contest with a focus on the automotive industry. The hackathon attracted entrepreneurs, investors, and specialists from various industries. The main aim was to solve existing challenges in the automotive field for Individual, commercial, and public transport, logistics, Smart City, and related categories (insurance, car wash, maintenance station, auto parts, etc.)
Under the guidance of experienced mentors from the automotive and IT industries, 13 teams and over 70 developers created concepts of high-quality products, which could be competitive on the international market. Within 3 days, the event was visited by hundreds of people interested in technologies for the automotive industry. Among others, Oleg Nalyvaiko, Engagement Manager of Innovations Service Line at Infopulse, participated in the Hackathon as a mentor and judge.
Three best hackathon teams as selected by the judges
- 3rdPlace – Green Way app. Following mentor’s advice, the team turned down their initial idea and in just 48 hours came up with a new one. The team developed a mobile app, which can help drivers choose the optimal car speed in order to catch all green traffic lights. With this app, drivers will both save their time and fuel costs. Yuriy Nazarov, the representative of Kiev City State Administration, offered his full support towards the implementation of this project.
- 2ndPlace – Dwiwy project. The team presented a unique mobile app, which enables drivers to exchange information in regards to unplanned maneuvers while driving. The project aims to create an open database of road traffic statistics. Such database has full potential to become an essential information source for other projects in this area (i.e., applications aimed to increase safety on the roads).
- 1stPlace – Just Car app. A result of cooperation between two independent teams, Just Car is a mobile application, which allows drivers to receive prompt updates on defects or technical conditions of their cars. The mobile application will search for an optimal service station by analyzing the list of services rendered, equipment specialization, car parts availability, and costs. In addition, with the help of the app, service stations will be able to search for the new clients and get clients’ feedback.
Other interesting projects
- Upteam presented a mobile app for registering drivers and passengers, which will decrease the amount of daily traffic and enhance the comfort of commuters coming to and from Kyiv.
- The Magic Eyeteam came up with a solution, which reveals existing logistical problems through data processing and analysis. This solution may be of use for the large logistics operators.
- Car Sharing Ecosystem is a solution for businesses, aiming to create a database of vehicle fleets, which can be rented out by corporate owners to solve various business challenges.
- SMARTPLACEteam developed an informational navigator of movement for logistics optimization during large broad-scale events.
- KAI VISIONproject developed a “computer vision” technology, which provides the driver with information regarding objects on the road.
The hackathon has truly become a milestone event for the development of Ukrainian automotive innovations. See you at other upcoming events!
Interested in automotive technologies? Infopulse offers software development services for the automotive and other industries. Contact us now to learn more and discuss your challenges – we’ll be happy to help you!